Egg Donation in the UK
The founders of South Africa’s most successful international Egg Donor program bring their fantastic donor egg program to the UK, offering help and advice on how to donate eggs in the UK. Nurture Egg Donor Program was founded by two wonderful women who have first hand experience of infertility and egg donation. Melany has been an egg donor herself and it is her responsibility to take care of our egg donors. Tertia knows exactly what it is like to be unable to conceive without help. She went through 9 IVFs herself to have her family. The UK egg donor program is managed by the very competent Lee. Guided by leading international fertility specialists, supported by top fertility clinics in the UK and assisted by a fabulous group of women, the Nurture girls make a formidable team who combine the best of heart and soul to provide truly excellent service for egg donation in the UK.
Apply online to see if you qualify to be an egg donor -> Application Form
There aren’t many opportunities in life whereby you can make a significant, meaningful contribution towards your fellow humans – egg donation is one of those opportunities. There are many hopeful parents in the UK who long for a child but are unable to conceive without the gift of egg donation. Unfortunately the reality is that there is a shortage of egg donors in the UK, which means that some couples have to wait for years before their dreams come true.
By becoming an egg donor, you give these parents to be something they haven’t had before – hope. Thank you from them and thank you from us – you are truly very special.
Do you qualify to become an egg donor?
- Are you between 20 and 35 years old?
- Are you free of any serious medical problems and/or hereditary disabilities?
- Do you have no history of congenital, family or hereditary disease?
- Do you have a regular menstrual cycle?
This website has plenty of really useful information about how to donate eggs so please have a look around and if you have any other questions about egg donation in the UK, please let us know.
Where will the donation take place?
The clinic is located in London at CRGH clinic in Grays Inn Road, London, WC1X 8LD. If you live in London, you will need to visit CRGH clinic 4-5 times during a 2 month period. If you live outside of London, you will only need to travel to London for two appointments – the initial screening appointment and the egg retrieval. The balance of the 2-3 visits can be done at an affiliated clinic in or near your home town
In order to find out more about how to donate eggs or to apply to become an egg donor, please complete the form on this page and we will get back to you as soon as possible with more information.
Compensation for egg donors:
Although egg donation in the UK has to be done for altruistic reasons (you can’t sell your eggs!) egg donors in the UK are entitled to receive compensation of £750 for their time and effort. For more info visit the HFEA website
Summary of the egg donation process in the UK:
- There will be an initial appointment at the clinic which will take approximately an hour and a half. The medical appointment will be with the fertility doctor and will include a pelvic ultrasound and blood tests. In addition, you will have a counselling session with the psychologist. This is to determine your eligibility as an egg donor for donation in the UK. This will also be another opportunity for you to ask any questions from the doctor and / or psychologist that you might have about how to donate eggs
- During the actual egg donation procedure, (which is planned for +-6 weeks after your medical appointments) you will have to go to the clinic around four times for ultrasounds. Which means that including the first visit above, you will visit the clinic a maximum of five times.
- You will also have to take a day off work for egg retrieval. A doctor’s note can be provided.
- While the doctors will do their best to accommodate you and your availability, these visits cannot be scheduled purely for outside of normal working hours or on Saturdays. So you will need to have a fair amount of flexibility – you are looking at about 5 visits over a two month period.
- The clinic is located in London at CRGH clinic in Grays Inn Road, London, WC1X 8LD (Click here for directions). If you live in London, you will need to visit CRGH clinic 4-5 times during a 2 month period. If you live outside of London, you will only need to travel to London for two appointments – the initial screening appointment and the egg retrieval. The balance of the 2-3 visits can be done at an affiliated clinic in or near your home town
To apply to become an egg donor, please continue to the online application form here: https://portal.nurturedonors.com/members/sign_up/donors